Setting up Files for Print Checklist
Setting up a file for print can be complex, especially if you have not done so before. We would like to ensure your job prints the way you want it to. Please follow this checklist and please feel free to consult us before commencing big jobs, as it may save you valuable time and money later.
Worried that you don’t have the Know-How to get your artwork file up to scratch? Call our friendly team on 02 6652 1633 and they will talk you through it, or create your perfect artwork for you.
- Artwork Checklist – Is your file print ready?
- Spell check and PROOF read your job
- Document colour mode set to CMYK, including all images
- Document is set up to correct size
- All images are 300dpi (high resolution)
- Crop marks and fold marks are included
- Line work has a resolution of 800 – 1200dpi
- All fonts are supplied or have been converted to curves/outlines
- Bleed is set to 3-5mm
- Trapping has been checked
- If used, PMS colours are nominated
- All images are embedded or links are supplied for non PDF files
- For digital jobs – text is not within 4mm of edge
File Types Mac & PC
We can accept
- PDF (preferred)
- InDesign (Fonts & linked pictures included)
- Quark Express* (Fonts & linked pictures included)
- Word (for text/copy purposes only)
*Bellingen Office only.
Supply of Artwork
- CD or DVD
- Memory Device – USB/memory Stick or USB Hard Drive (Please virus check before bringing to us)
File Storage and Archiving
Mid Coast Printing will store and archive your files. When you need a reprint it’s simply an e-mail or phone call. For consistency we not only store your artwork but we record the quantity, paper stocks and finishes we used.
- Any job submitted non-compliant to this standard may be subject for re-quotation or re-submission.
- Screen colours are never accurate, please check pantone or CMYK specifications
- For Full colour prints: If your CMYK artwork contains large areas of the colour black, we strongly recommend adding 60% Cyan, 40% Magenta and 20% yellow to produce a stronger black. Please do not use this black mix for fine lines or text.
- If delivery is urgent please check your deadline is achievable.
Type sizes smaller than 6 pts and lines (rules) thinner than .25pt do not print well and darker area tends to bleed into the lighter text area on press.